Saturday, April 25, 2009

I miss you Lizzy




"I could live on a drag of your cigarette"

I forgot to do this before but five years ago on April 20 Lizzy Mercier Descloux died from cancer in her native France. I love Lizzy so much and her albums Press Color from 1979 and Mambo Nassau from 1981 are two of my all time favorites. She started with a really great no wave band called Rosa Yemen and she was friends with Richard Hell and Patti Smith and stuff. Her music is post-punk-worldbeat style with a pretty, delicate French twist. Her accent just nails me. She seemed to have such a joie de vivre that I just need to hear every once in a while. She makes my life better. Did I already say that I'm so in love with her? I wish I could've met her before she left. She and I would have been so happy together. Now she's gone and I'm just going to cry for a week or so.

Abyssinia Lizzy...

No comments: