Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A new low

So once again, I may be writing something that is not a formal review. But at risk of inviting sean's scorn, I have to say it. I suppose I could write it in review form:

5 BEARS

Family Guy on TBS. Yes, I was watching family guy. I guess that was my first problem. But it's raining outside and I don't feel like doing anything at all tonight. Anyways, it's mid episode, and the screen just freezes, with Brian and Stewie still on screen. Then, Bill Engvall walks onto the screen and says something like "They've got a dog named brian, and I've got a son named Brian... watch the Bill engvall show Tuesday nights at 9:30... now back to your show." And then the show resumed. Honestly, wtf is that? Give me a commercial, or give me show. Don't squeeze them both in at the same time. I thought good ol product placement was bad enough. What's worse than a character in a show conveniently holding a drink so that the label squarely faces the camera... well, this is.

No comments: