Friday, September 28, 2007

My First Themed Mix Tape (TM)

Happy Friday, everyone! The sun is shining, and the weather is perfect. In honor of the day we've all been waiting for since Monday, I created a mix tape/playlist for you!

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but my trouble is typically not being able to get past mixes that are anything more than "songs I like right now" or "great songs". This time, however, there is a single unifying element that plays at least some role, whether prominent or subtle, in making each of the following songs worthwhile. Let's see if you can figure it out? Answers in the comments, please. Danny's not allowed to post an answer, but to be fair, when I told him about this mix he got the answer within seconds. Go easy on me, it's my first themed mix (if you read charz2k, then the answer is pretty much given away in a previous post).

Len Barry: 1-2-3
Menomena: Evil Bee
Lucky Soul: Get Outta Town!
The Beatles: Good Morning
The Brunettes: B-A-B-Y
Superdrag: Mr. Underground
Camera Obscura: If Looks Could Kill
Outrageous Cherry: Pretty Girls Go Insane
Curtis Mayfield: Move On Up
Architecture in Helsinki: Do the Whirlwind
The Velvelettes: Lonely, Lonely Girl Am I

If I had any money and if this theme were a bit harder to decipher, maybe like one of those murder mystery games where a bunch of people dress up in ridiculous outfits and hunt around somebody's house for clues while a guy who gets paid way too much money narrates a story for them, then perhaps I'd offer a prize for figuring out the theme. Sadly, this is no murder mystery, but more like the case of the missing sock as investigated by the Bernstein Bears or a single guy living alone (the dryer did it).

No comments: